Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Creative Product Placement and Obsession of the Moment

I get impulsed by commercials, they are what I base the majority of my daily purchasing habits on. Now, I work in marketing, so I am fully aware of how and why this happens and the thought and research behind producing a commercial, infomercial, or magazine ad.  However, despite being privy to such “insider” industry information, I have still been able to acquire things that are just plain crap: Tony Little’s Gazelle, Jessica Simpson Hairdo human hair extensions, Slap Chop, etc. The good ones are limited to Bare Escentuals, Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, GHD hair straightener, and anything with Febreeze written on it. When I first saw these eye rollers hit the market (a few other companies have them too) I was intrigued. I must have seen the commercials a few times before being in the drugstore and thinking “Oh yah, I should look for that.” The only one I could remember was the Garnier Skin-Renew Anti Dark-Circle Eye Roller. There is also an Anti-Puff roller, but this one looks to have some neutral color to it so I snatched it up.


From Garnier.com, doesn't it just look like it works?


O.M.G. This product is amazing!! The first time I rolled it under my eyes, the cool metal ball instantly soothed my under eye area to the touch. The color that is left is very sheer but it definitely brightens your under eye area! I am hooked, as in seriously hooked, as in I am keeping one at work and one at home hooked. It costs less than $10 and worth every bit. I have used multiple under eye soothers from Origins, Khiel’s, and Laura Mercier to name a few. None can compare to the job that this lil thing does. It even works if you don’t have dark circles but maybe allergies, my allergies make my face feel hot and puffy sometimes, and this is the perfect thing to remedy that 3pm feeling that I should take another Advil Allergy Sinus (and stay up all nigh from the pseudoephedrine).

This past weekend I was in Arroyo Grande visiting my in-laws and Sunday was a girl’s day as the boys were in a golf tournament. I shared the eye roller it with my mother in-law and my sister in-law and they both had the same reaction I did. While they both don’t NEED it, they were surprised by the cool feeling and the skin brightening color that it provided. I want to share this with everyone I know because it is just THAT good, and also I selfishly want to ensure it remains on the market for years to come. Available at drugstores, now go!

1 comment:

  1. I'll try it - how's about getting it for me for Marm's Day!

    ReplyDelete