Monday, April 4, 2011

Case of the Mund-ays.

Today never stood a chance, aside from the normal amt of spicy emails awaiting me in my inbox, Friday's leftovers washed my pleasant attitude away like a Proactiv three step system after a camping weekend. Minus that refreshing tingle.

On my morning commute, which can take up to 90 minutes, I mused about the various things that were already going wrong. I quickly realized that, yes, it does make me feel momentarily better to groan/grunt/scoff/swear at the things really grinding my gears- that's exactly what everyone on the bus is doing. Complaining about co-workers, families, and all facets of life isn't original- or cute, its just beige. When nothing but incessant whining takes place as you travel to your job that pays you enough money to live in one of the most iconic cities in the world, where people come to vacation and ooh and ahh at the sites that you jog by when you feel like getting exercise, then COME ON!

I'm not expecting my pissing and moaning to stop, and some of it is a little cathartic, but it needs some boundaries. Starting today, I can only bitch about any one person/place/thing/verb for 3 seconds, and have to counteract that negative energy by putting one truly positive warm your stomach and chest thought out there. That being said, wearing my floral Gucci shoes today, and getting a well made Starbucks don't count.

Update at work: it is and I think the rest of my day needs to be spent in silent gratitude to make up for the morning.  Crap.

No comments:

Post a Comment