Thursday, April 7, 2011

City Springing!

Took a two hour respite from working today to go run some errands.  I have been at my office so much that my chair is always warm (which kind of grosses me out).  Where does a girl go when she needs a change of scenery?  Why Nieman Marcus of course!  The shiny marble and clean walls peppered with the new seasons from Jil Sander, Marni, and Chloe prompted much salivation and digressions from what I actually walked in there to get.  I walked out with something beige, although in my defense, it was from Spanx Haute Couture line.  See, I am a bridesmaid in a wedding next weekend wearing an apple slice color dress and, without the Spanx, I look like I am smuggling a bag of apples.

After Niem's, I walked in the San Francisco sunshine and passed Hermes where I saw this brilliant window display:
So sophisticated, yet I couldn't help but feel a little nervous that their $200 ties next to jars of paint, the wooden models are at least wearing aprons.

I continued to my next destination, Shimmer Tan.  Yes, I know it is bad for me, and you can judge me for it, but did I mention that the bridesmaid dress is apple slice?  And that I have to wear it next weekend?  10 minutes in a high power standup booth, and I felt like I had laid out at the beach!

On the walk back to my office, I felt brighter, invigorated, and then got this little gem stuck in my head:
I only like the first 20 seconds, the solos are pretty terrible, and I like that it starts with Alice scrubbing the floors.

Have your own sunshine day- it's almost Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment