Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Control: Janet, Ms Jackson if Ya Nasty

OK so I am TOTALLY flaking on DWTS this week and going to do a recap later. I have a very good reason- I am seeing Miss Janet Jackson in concert tonight!! It is all her number one songs and it is in a very small auditorium. Bay Area Flash Mob will be there and doing their thing at 6:30 and at 7:00- I cannot wait!!!



When I was younger I bought the Janet Jackson cassettes and CDs. My parents found the lyrics and were appalled so I had it taken away from me for years! Can you believe it? Being deprived of Janet was definitely stunting my sexual maturity. I mean, seriously, that picture of her with someone gently cupping her breasts? Or, what about her lyrics to songs like “If”, “Black Cat”, “Rope Burn”, and “Nasty”? I swear, I searched everywhere in my house, in all my parents hiding spots both usual and unusual, and never found that damn CD. Finally, one day I was deemed old enough to hear it- which probably had to do with the fact that my dance teacher only taught songs by Janet. I listened the CRAP out of those once I got them. Danced in my room like a rockstar, thought I was sexy as hell, even now hearing a Janet song can get me biting my lip, writhing around my house, and snapping my neck back and forth.


The body we all aspire to have, I hope she flaunts it.


I got my Rodarte sheer dress, dancing shoes, and the Anna, author of Fat Bellied Girl to come and shake our groove thangs to the one, the only, Miss Janet Jackson!

No comments:

Post a Comment